We value the safety and well-being of our Travel Merchandisers, even when they are on the road to work.
Traveling frequently as part of your job is exciting but can also present challenges, particularly during road trips. To ensure our travel merchandisers have a positive travel experience, we have compiled ten road trip tips prioritizing safety, enjoyment, and stress reduction. By following these tips, you can stay safe and healthy on the road and deliver exceptional results for our client.
1. Plan your route ahead of time: Before you hit the road, plan your route. Use a GPS device or a map to help you navigate your journey. Alway double check your SASR app for any updates before you leave.
2. Prepare your car for the trip: Make sure your vehicle is in good working condition by checking the oil, brakes, tires, and fluids. Bring an emergency kit with a spare tire, jumper cables, and other essentials.
3. Pack smart: Pack light; only bring what you need. Consider packing a first-aid kit, water, snacks, and other essentials you might need on the road and on the job.
4. Check the weather: Check the weather forecast for your destination and plan your trip accordingly. Be prepared for sudden weather changes, especially during the winter months.
5. Take breaks: Take regular breaks to rest, stretch your legs, and recharge. This will help you stay alert and focused on the road.
6. Stay connected: Bring a mobile phone charger to ensure you can stay connected to the internet in case you need to check for updates about your assignments or emergency services.
7. Bring entertainment: : Bring audiobooks, music, or other forms of entertainment to keep you occupied during the trip. This will help pass the time and keep you from getting bored.
8. Plan for emergencies: In case of an emergency, such as a breakdown or an accident. Make sure you have roadside assistance and emergency contacts handy.
9. Stay hydrated: Bring plenty of water and stay hydrated throughout the trip. This will help you stay alert and focused.
10. Be flexible: Even with the best planning, unexpected events can occur during a road trip. Be flexible and willing to make adjustments to your plans if needed.
Traveling for work can be demanding and sometimes challenging
We strive to provide our travel merchandisers with the support, resources, and tools they need to succeed on the road. Their commitment, dedication, and expertise are essential to our success as a company, and we are grateful for their daily contributions. By following these ten road trip tips, you can stay safe, focused, and productive during your travels, ensuring a positive experience for yourself and our clients.
SASR provides its employees with comprehensive and accessible resources to support their work. Our Knowledge Base is a central hub for all the policies, procedures, and guidelines our travel merchandisers need to know to succeed. In addition to these essential resources, our Knowledge Base also offers a range of safety and training videos and other valuable resources related to payroll and HR. We encourage all of our employees to explore these resources regularly to stay informed and up-to-date on the latest information and best practices in their areas of work.